05 septembre 2018
Événement de la Chambre
Denmark and France are only 1,5 hours apart by airplane. On many fronts, the two countries share many of the same traits. However, we still see some differences, notably on the management front.
On the 5th of September, the Chamber is delighted to welcome two speakers, who will give their views on their experiences as a French manager expatriated in Denmark and a Danish manager expatriated in France.
- Marc Essig: After his first experience in the Scandinavian countries in 2006, Marc came back to Denmark for the second time in 2015 as Director of the Nordic and Baltic countries for Thales. Thales is a global technology leader for the Aerospace, Transport, Defense and Security markets. Thales has been involved in Danish projects since 1991 and now, due to the significance of the Group’s activities and the market outlooks in the country, Thales has since established a formal country office in January 2015. Here, with 120 employees, Thales provides innovative solutions and advanced technologies in Defense, Ground Transportation and Air Traffic Management.
- Peter Smidt-Nielsen: Until recently with the Global Maritime Leader, Maersk, and a total of 32 years in senior executive positions in 8 countries on 5 continents, incl. 4 years as PDG Maersk France, from 2013 to 2017, where he among others carried out a social plan. Maersk France has a $400 million turnover and employs roughly 200 people with its headquarters in Paris and offices in Le Havre, Marseille, la Réunion, Guadeloupe and Martinique.
After a short presentation of themselves, the 2 speakers will give their views about the differences and similarities about the way business and management are conducted in the 2 countries.
Please sign up below before September 3rd.
- Date and time: September 5th, 17.00
- Venue: The Danish-French Chamber of Commerce
- Address: Skindergade 7, 1159 Copenhagen
- Agenda: 17.00 – 17.45: conference with Marc Essig and Peter Smidt-Nielsen
17.45 – 18.30: networking cocktail