04 octobre 2017
Événement de la Chambre
In a country known for having intense competition within the food industry as well as powerful local actors, it can be difficult for French brands to develop. Nevertheless, the French food industry is very well represented in Denmark in terms of its products and its expertise.
The Chamber of Commerce is pleased to invite you to the event “The French food industry in Denmark” on the 4th of October at 17.00.
At the event, several large groups operating in Scandinavia will be present:
- Bridor: Bridor is a french producer of bread, pastries and patisseries, specialized in high quality products and respecting the artisanal processes of production. Alexandre Moreau, Area Manager Scandinavia at BRIDOR, will participate at the event.
- The Bel Group: Bel’s business model is focused on cheese (La Vache qui Rit, Babybel, Kiri, Boursin, Leerdammer), and the company is the world leader in single serving cheese portions. Bel will be represented by Benoit Dadolle, the CEO of Bel Nordic.
- Les Grands Chais de France: Les Grands Chais de France was founded in 1979 and has become one of the top French wholesale wine and spirits merchants in the world. Annai Salazar, Key Account Manager, will participate in the conference.
- Château Blanc: Château Blanc is a member of the HOLDER Group with a family history of bakery. Their story of bakers, who were determined to perpetuate the taste of good bread, is unique in France. Benjamin Lonjon, VIE of the brand in Denmark, will represent the brand this evening.
- Savencia: The products of Savencia are already sold to the largest retailers of the Scandinavian countries, and consumers enjoy the Savencia cheeses: St. Agur, St. Albray, Coeur de Lion, Le Rustique, Tartare and Geramont. Michel Duleu-Burré, the General Manager, will be present.
The conference will be chaired by Anders Torbøl, the President of the Chamber, and Peter Esper Larsen, the Marketing Responsible at Sopexa. Sopexa is the referent group of international marketing for food, wine and lifestyle. They offer effective and innovative marketing solutions for developing the image building the reputation, and boosting sales for food-products in France and throughout the world.
Following a very brief presentation of each of these groups, we will organize a debate for all the speakers to discuss relevant topics including:
- The specificity of the Danish food industry
- The general trends of the food industry in Denmark
- Is there a Danish protectionism?
- Is there a ‘French touch’ in the food industry? Is it an advantage to be a French brand?
The conference will be followed by a cocktail and a tasting, where you can experience some of the products offered by the participating brands. We would like to thank them for this contribution.
- Date and time: October 4th at 17.00
17.00 - 17.45: Conference French food industry in Denmark
17.45 - 18.30: Cocktail
- Venue: the Danish French Chamber of Commerce – Skindergade 7 – 1159 Copenhagen
Please register your participation by filling in the form below.
We look forward to seeing you!
The Danish-French Chamber of Commerce