BNP Paribas Group
With 200.000+ employees globally across 80 countries and 5 continents, BNP Paribas group, is one of the leading banks in the world.
According to Standard & Poor’s, BNP Paribas group is one of the world’s 6 strongest banks, named “Bank of the year 2012” by International Financing Review (IFR), the 5th.in the global banking sector, world’s 11th largest company and finally the 1st. bank in the Euro zone by deposits.
BNP Paribas is present across Europe through all its business lines. The Group has four domestic retail banking markets in France, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg. It has one of the largest international networks with operations in 80 countries and 201,700 employees, including 159,800 in Europe, 15,000 in North America and 10,100 in Asia.
Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning American and Asian offices and we are increasingly recognized as a leading and committed player in all markets.
BNP Paribas’s services and products are delivered through three major complementary core businesses:
1. Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With over 19,000 employees in 45 countries, BNP Paribas CIB offers a full range of advisory and financing services to companies, financial institutions and investors, no matter where they are located in the world.
2. Retail Banking and specialised financial services. BNP Paribas provides customers across France with a complete range of products and services. A similar range of services is also on offer at international level, especially in the United States, in the emerging markets and in the overseas regions. In addition, the retail bank proposes specific financial services that complement the traditional offer, through its subsidiaries: Cetelem, UCB and Equipment solutions.
3. Investment Solution. The Investment Solutions division of BNP Paribas is one of the foremost players in Europe. It offers client-oriented solutions for its customers, be their private, corporate or institutional investor’s services to institutions, companies and private clients of BNP Paribas. Investment Solutions comprises six complementary areas of expertise: Private banking, Asset Management, Online savings & trading, Securities services, Real estate services and Insurance.
BNP Paribas in Denmark
In Denmark, BNP Paribas has been present since 2005. Established through Fortis Bank SA/NV, it opened with the mission of being a full branch and as such, an efficient bridge between its Danish clients and BNP Paribas sites and products all over the world.
BNP Paribas is represented through various entities in Denmark:
- BNP Paribas Fortis SA-NV, Corporate & Investment banking (www.bnpparibas.dk), for Corporate banking activities catering to clients large Danish groups or to the affiliates-entities of our international clients.
- Alfred Berg (www.alfredberg.dk), investment partner: Asset Management.
- Cardif (www.cardif.dk)
- Bank Assurance Ekspres Bank A/S (www.ekspresbank.dk)
- Consumer Finance. Arval (www.arval.dk), Fleet Management.
- BNP Paribas Factor (www.bnpparibasfactor.dk), Factoring